Monday, October 10, 2011

"things will never grow the same"

I have only one piece that I like right now. It's called "Things Will Never Grow the Same", because they won't. (Blushing); Here it is:

things will never grow the same

The strong arms and
Dancing feet dissolve into
Empty half smiles,
Hollow promises.
Whiskey kisses are sticky,
Stale donuts.
Glazed eyes.
Don't you remember
Rainy windows and
Quiet movies,
Blinking the things
The silence couldn't say.
The kind of movies that have
Endings that say lies.
Don’t you remember the
Lies you told.
Finding melted chap stick
In your back pocket.
That was my favorite chap stick.
Burnt corks, burnt cookies,
Burnt sincerity.
Burned, slashed –
An inferno of
Nothingness.
Cowardly words
Piled into mounds of
Inkless pens.
The it's not me,
It's you sort of thing
Is what I meant.
No time for doubt.
No time for you.
Can't tell the time because
The hands are still.
Things will never grow the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment