Sunday, June 6, 2010

a night to remember


(I'm in the middle with a green jacket on!)

On our last night in Paris, after a scrumptious thai dinner with the entire group (and Dr. Picone and his son Ben), half of us made the treck across the city - by metro of course. We arrived just in time to see La Tour Eiffel glitter and shine. My friends and I could not help but sing Eidth Piaf's famous song "Je ne Regrette Rien" ("I Regret Nothing"), while we watched the icon light up the Parisian sky. I'm sure we defined and exceeded every perception the French have about Americans - loud, obnoxious and overly jovial. At that point, we were so sick of trying to speak french and being answered in English that we thought it necessary to justify and portray a few detested American characteristics. The ambiance was pure magic, not just because of the place, but also because of the new found friendships discovered in the city of lights, love and bread.

In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language.-Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment