Sunday, May 23, 2010

London town!


SORRY this post is so overdue. I've been in London since Thursday morning. The flight wasn't bad at all. Got to watch Young Victoria (SO GOOD, highly recommend if you're into Royal history). On Thursday my mom and I just walked around all day until about 3pm. We settled into a cozy tea parlor and enjoyed a cup and biscuits before we refreshed for Les Miserables. The play was absolutely fabulous. The next day we took a cab to the Victoria and Albert Museum. AMAZING art, artifacts, tapestries and fashion. After that we walked around and found lots of cute stores aka. H&M and Zara. One thing I've noticed is that Europeans (especially the French) wear what they want to wear. No one cares if their scarf goes with their top, or if their blue hose compliment their purple dress. Honestly, the free, and flowy style of the people here is contagious. I've found myself dreaming up outfits that would be deemed outrageous in the states, but here perfectly normal. I need to start living my life more carefree, unmatched and encumbered by the restraints of the American's definition of style. Style is what looks good, and in the world of Parisians everything looks good.

1 comment: