Sunday, May 8, 2011

familiar greetings & mum's day

Hello, one and all. If this is the first time you have stumbled upon this tacky blog - SALUTATIONS! To beat the boredom, I have decided to recreate my blog; I kept this thing while I studied abroad in France last summer. The title of my blog is: la vie au paradis; It translates into "life in paradise". Periodically, one must ask, "Is this still relevant in my life?" And the answer is, of course it is. My life is still paradise. Mostly joyful and wholly healthy.

And so, it is time. Time to write.

Because of the horrendous tornado that touched down in my favorite college town, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, I have been home since April. I want to write about the things I saw, the things I heard, and the things I did not want to hear. Takes some thinking to get the words to come out just right..

Not really sure of the direction this will go - perhaps rants and raves, pictures of weird things, cheerful thoughts and maybe even some sort of a food diary. At this point, it's still up in the air.

So, today, I start with a special shout out to the most fabulous mother out there - Hey Lynnie! Hope you enjoyed your special day!!!

My sisters and I made this outrageous basket to fill with goodies for our mommy. We filled it with treasures from Anthropologie and Central Market. Then, we put the basket by the door - pretending like the Mother's Day Bunny had come to visit. This is how my sisters and I are: completely silly, always. It was truly delightful to see my sweet mother's face when she discovered the surprise.


(the basket is empty...doi.)

More posting to come later - I must pack my bag for a trip to see sweet Emily Claire in Arkansas. SO excited. I will keep those who care posted. Ha, get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment