Sunday, June 26, 2011

i'm on vaycay


FINALLY, I'm back on the coast - There really isn't anything finer than the South Carolina coast. Salty hair and sandy toes. Just the way I like it. I like to pretend I'm getting tan, but it's an just illusion... My sisters make me look so PALE, ugh. I can't stay out in the sun like they can, so I've been in the kitchen more than I've been on the beach.

I'm so excited for tomorrow - My mom and I are going to a U-Pick farm. I passed the sign on the way to the tomato stand. Fresh: Eggplant, corn, okra, zucchini, squash, peanuts, tomatoes and onions. We're having grilled fish (Either wahoo, dolphin fish (mahi) or flouder, depends on what they catch) for dinner tomorrow night. I was thinking about adding some veggies to the grill too. I'll keep you posted.

A few musts when you're at the beach: LEMONS, ICED TEA, CRAB DIP AND GRILL MARKS.

Crab Dip
This recipe is from Tyler Florence. I make mine up as I go and I don't measure. I definitely add hot sauce and fresh parsley or dill.

1/2 cup cream cheese (1 package)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
12 ounces lump crab meat
2 tablespoons chopped chives

In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice. Fold in the crab meat and diced chives. Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to use.

Grilled Shrimp and Sausage
No recipe necessary. Look at the picture, it's way too easy. Don't forget to season the shrimp with seafood seasoning or S&P before grilling.


No comments:

Post a Comment